ITS Sketch Competition 2023 Finale
The ITS Sketch Contest is a chance to show your comedy chops on the BIG SCREEN, as ten of the best sketches will be selected by a panel of comedy powerhouse judges to be showcased at the Finale on Sunday 19 Nov at the ITS Comedy Festival.
The theme word for this year’s contest is…
🎁 GIFT 🎁
- Step One: Register your interest to receive the one-word theme, entry link and invites to the meet and greet events as the contest begins.
- Step Two: Write, shoot and submit your sketch by midnight Tuesday 14 November. You’ll need to purchase a Submission ticket below to submit, and that includes your entry to the show!
- Step Three: That’s it! We’ll see you at the finale!
- Launch Event: SAT 4 NOV 2023
- Submissions Date: TUE 14 NOV 2023
- Finale Screening: SUN 19 NOV 2023
What you get:
- All entrants will receive an invite to the launch event at ITS, so you can meet up with other sketch folks, receive the theme word and get any questions answered in person.
- Once you submit your video, you’ll receive free entry to the finale, 7:15pm on Sunday 19 November.
- Every submission has the chance to be crowned a sketch contest winner and share in the prize pool to the value of over $500!
- SUBMIT YOUR SKETCH BEFORE 14 NOV: When you’re ready, fill out this form to finalise your submission.
- KEEP IT LOW-FI: There’s no bonus points for production value, so shoot it on your phone. Funny comes first to our judges.
- ANY STRUCTURE, ANY STYLE: It can be anything – solo sketch, a satirical two-hander or a music parody with a three-piece band, you decide!
- TWO MINUTES MAX: Keep it punchy and under two minutes.
- SHOOT IT HORIZONTAL: Turn your phone sideways for maximum impact on the big screen!
- NAME YOUR SKETCH: Name your sketch something catchy, not just the theme word.
- SHOUT OUT YOUR TEAM: Give us the names of everyone you worked with so we can credit theme on the big screen.
- Entries cost $15 and will open on Saturday 4th November.
- Can I help out/get some help?
Absolutely, jump in the ITS Students Group and join a crew!
- When’s submission?
Submissions close at midnight on Tuesday 14th November, two days before the start of the ITS Comedy Festival. Submit here.
- Do I need to be a current ITS student to participate?
No! This contest is open to anyone at all, to spread the word.
Can I submit multiple sketches?
Sure! Each submission requires a new submission fee.
Is there a live performance involved?
Nope! No need to remember lines or anything, if your video sketch is selected, it will be played at the ITS Sketch Contest Finale.
What are the judging criteria?
Our panel of judges will be looking for what’s funniest to them. Top sketches are usually fast-paced, play a clear joke or game and always paced well (don’t let your sketch feel bloated).
What file format do I need to submit?
We recommend you shoot video on your phone, and are expecting most files conform to the MPEG-4 format, the standard of which is:
Video codec: H.264
Audio codec: AAC
Audio bitrate: 128 kbps or better
- Can I post it to my own channels before the comp?
You sure can! We’ll ask you for a link to your sketch, so if it’s already up on YouTube somewhere it’ll be even easier to submit.
Main Theatre: ITS Sketch Competition 2023 Finale
November 19, 2023
7:15 pm - 8:15 pm