Work With Us
ITS is hiring!
We are looking for improvisers with extensive experience both in teaching and performing to join our teaching staff for 2021. As a teacher at ITS you will be responsible for cultivating a safe and fun learning space and for the education and development of students of improvised theatre. Your responsibilities will include lesson preparation, facilitating an open space for instruction and teaching in keeping with our school philosophy and curriculum.
You should be a competent performer of improvised theatre, with a broad knowledge of the variations in improv education and training, as well as improvised style and formats. Prior experience in teaching, particularly in the dramatic arts is not a prerequisite however it is certainly an advantage. Our ideal candidate will also demonstrate outstanding performance and interpersonal abilities.
Improv is participatory and at its best should reflect a diverse community of practice. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and strongly encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
- Prepare and teach weekly classes in accordance with the ITS curriculum
- Supervise classes to ensure that students are learning in a safe and productive environment
- Ensure that students’ interpersonal interactions within class to not violate the ITS Students’ Bill of Rights
- Where the curriculum dictates, provide instructive and personalised feedback to each student
- Attend teacher training sessions
- Attend the majority of classes and notify the Artistic Director of changes in availability in a timely manner
- Evaluate student progress
- Completed Level 5 at ITS or equivalent level of improv training
- Completed additional improv or theatre training either in Australia or abroad
- Broad knowledge of improvised theatre performance and training
- A minimum of one years performance experience
- Able to articulate objectives and communicate feedback in an engaging and concise manner
- Well organised, punctual and confident in leadership
Additional Skills for Assessment:
- Previous teaching experience
- Additional language proficiency
- Additional non-theatre training
All applicants should be aware that the position will require additional training regardless of prior experience. Teacher training is a paid position.
We know that everyone is unique and experiences job applications differently. At ITS we are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier free recruitment process – at the end of the day, we don’t want anything getting in the way of us getting to know you a bit better. If you would like to further personalise your application journey or if you have specific support or access requirements, please email us at email@example.com
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.