UPDATED: January 10, 2022
As many of you would know from the news coverage and recent anticipation of announcements by the NSW Government, restrictions are being eased across the state that will impact us all. We continue our aim to work in a Covid Safe-compliant environment, as well as a functional and fun environment.
Please take note of the following:
- Our Covid Safe Plan, including requirements to report close contacts with Improv Theatre Sydney as directed is still in place. Service NSW QR Code Check ins, verifying student vaccination certs and other operations related to the Covid Safe Plan are still in place.
- Everyone, including staff, management, faculty and contractors who work or attend face to face meetings, workshops & classes, performances and other “on site” activities are still required to provide proof of vaccination before attending. Our staff are being asked to prioritise their booster as soon as they are eligible. We ask this of our students and community as well. Exemptions may apply, and we welcome you to enquire if you believe this applies to you.
- Masks are required indoors where social distancing is not possible. This includes classes, performances or other activities in the building. Exceptions are during performances, while teaching or while performing “exercises” in class. Audience members are asked to wear a mask at all times.
Please contact us should you have any questions or concerns. Queries regarding Covid Safety can go to email@example.com
STUDENTS AND PERFORMANCES
- House Teams: team members are managed as Students in this scenario.
- Please do not come to ITS if you are unwell, and please get tested if you are experiencing symptoms.
- Students are asked to report close contacts and positive test results ASAP.
- Students are still required to present proof of vaccination in order to begin class on the first day of attendance. We strongly encourage you to get your booster when eligible. This is anticipated to continue into Term 2, and may become a requirement for entry.
- Masks are required for classes, performances or other activities at ITS. Masks are strongly recommended in outdoor situations where social distancing is not possible.
- Students will be informed at the time of registration that they will be asked to furnish proof of vaccination, and again in their class reminder, and again 24 hours before classes begin.
- Guests are not permitted in the space.
- Performances and events will remain ticketed. No reduced attendance required. Aligned with legislation, proof of vaccination will also be required to attend performances, workshops and events at ITS. Rules around valid exemptions apply, and will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Staff and faculty will be briefed on updates prior to the kick off of Term 1, 2022.
We not in a position to allow swaps and make up classes, as we are aiming to limit movement in the building and between classes as much as possible. We have some plans in place to support students who miss classes due to the ordinary and the extraordinary. Open Jams are a great opportunity for anyone who has missed class to make up that time. Policies around absences and advancement are still in place. Discuss with your instructor if you wish to have something in place for an expected absence.
Space rentals to private external parties are considered on a case by case basis and will require cleaning and an ITS “host” to oversee Covid compliance and reset/cleaning.
ACKNOWLEDGING A GREAT TERM JUST PASSED
Thank you for taking extra time to be here with us and make the effort to be diligent when coming to our space. We recognise and are grateful to you all for being flexible and acknowledging the evolving situation. We appreciate everyone for being patient with us as we navigate the uncertainty of the near future and deal with interpreting policy and changes.
We continue to meet regularly as a management team to assess how in current conditions we can keep everything running, as well as how to keep our staff, faculty and students safe. Safety is our number one priority. We reserve the right to change or adjust the above policy at any time, and you will be notified of such changes if and when they occur.
Keep up the great work everyone. We are (still) making our comeback post-lockdown and we look forward to another great term after the break. Please continue to look after yourselves, and for one another.
ITS Management Team